Monday, 22 August 2011

Developing a service catalogue for higher education information technology services:


I found this paper to be an interesting insight into the process and end result of implementing ITIL best practices into a customer service website. I liked the logical progression of the paper as it stepped through the process that was undertaken to improve this website. It clearly described the problems with the old website and then stepped through the proposal to fix it, the action plan and finally the creation and execution of the new system. I felt that the use of illustrations and examples throughout this paper helped to communicate what the problem was and how it was going to be fixed. Without reading into any great depth it could be determined what the authors where attempting to improve apron and how they planned to do this. The only downside to the process under taken in this paper was the apparent lack of customer research undertaken. Initially a “Select group” was surveyed to determine what worked and what didn’t with the old site. I believe that this process could have been done a bit more thoroughly to gain a better understanding of the problems that they were trying to correct and to gather feedback on their new design from a wider audience. i.e a campus wide survey etc. Overall despite a few minor issues I enjoyed reading this paper and despite not having a huge grasp of the ITIL framework still found it relatively easy to comprehend  and gain a good perception of the ideas that the authors where communicating .  

No comments:

Post a Comment